Company: ING DIRECT
Job Title: Quality Assurance & Control Associate
Location: Wilmington, DE, 19801
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience
The Home Loans Credit Administration Team is responsible for developing, directing and monitoring the credit strategies of ING DIRECT Home Loans to meet profitability, risk tolerance and compliance standards. In order to achieve maximum optimization of credit strategies, the team will focus on Credit Policy Strategy and Development, Administration, Quality Assurance/Control and Fraud Management. In executing these functions, the department will need to synergistically work with various other departments it supports or which support it with the common goal of acquiring and managing credit sensitive portfolios in a compliant and prudent manner.
The Quality Assurance & Control Associate will be responsible for the in-depth review of mortgage loans with a focus on the quality of execution to ensure we are executing smartly, finding ways to improve efficiency and helping reduce costs throughout the loan origination cycle. This is an opportunity where your extensive mortgage knowledge and experience, fraud training, and ability to find and research unusual aspects of a loan will be valued.
* Perform pre-funding and post-close forensic analysis of loan files for completeness and accuracy, analyzing credit documents, mortgage applications, credit history, income documents, title documents, appraisals and all other applicable required documents.
* Identify significant findings resulting from issues with underlying business practices, underwriting and/or fraud exposure
* Take an active role in identifying potential challenges within the origination process and/or department and make recommendations for changes to improve.
* Indentify ineffective, inconsistent or ambiguous policies, guidelines and procedures.
* Pinpoint and make recommendation to improve communication, training and deficiencies.
The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelors degree along with 7+ years in the residential mortgage industry and knowledge and familiarity with current mortgage and compliance laws and regulations. A strong commitment to customer service, delivering a quality product and effective leadership skills is essential. This motivated team player will possess the following skills, abilities and attributes:
* Minimum 5 years manual underwriting experience, with at least 3 years of experience with a lender that sells mortgages on the secondary market.
* Expert knowledge of FNMA policies, procedures, guidelines and risk assessment tools used to decision mortgage loans.
* High producer with attention to quality.
* Excellent time management skills.
* In-depth knowledge and understanding of transaction components that indicate a potential for fraud
* Strong analytical and project management skills needed to monitor and control the processing cycle with the ability to quickly understand complex problems and recommend solutions.
* Experience in Quality Control, Forensic Underwriting and put-back/buy-back review.
* In-depth understanding of Investor and Agency guidelines and requirements for all loan types.
* Self-motivated, creative, and able to work in a team environment while thinking independently and effectively sharing ideas.
* Exceptional oral and written communication skills to communicate internally as well as with clients.
* Completion of a post-secondary degree
* Familiarity with DU, LP and other AUS systems.
* Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and database applications.
ING DIRECT offers one of the best benefits plans around, providing medical and dental health coverage; flexible spending accounts; 401K retirement plans and fitness programs.
Why join the ING DIRECT team?
As the #1 direct bank in the U.S., we're fostering a nation of savers by providing innovative financial products that are easy to use. We seek people with the same passion to join our team. If you're an energetic person who wants to help us grow a different kind of bank, we look forward to hearing from you. To learn more, visit us at ingdirect.com.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please copy and paste the following URL into your browser address bar: