Search By State
J O B I N F O R M A T I O N|
Title:||Credit Strategy Analyst||Salary:||Open/flexible - 0|
P O S I T I O N I N F O R M A T I O N|
|The role of Credit Strategy Analyst is responsible for gathering, analyzing and interpreting credit information on existing and prospective customers and portfolios as it applies to all Consumer Lending products for the bank. This individual is responsible for making recommendations and decisions regarding the extension or elimination of credit. This individual will monitor and report on existing customer accounts as well as overall portfolio performance in order to minimize credit losses, while ensuring the prudent portfolio growth. He/she will prepare and present credit reports to the Consumer Lending Team, Credit Risk Department, Finance Department, Committees and other areas of the bank.|
This individual will support the development and implementation of the underwriting strategy and tactics to ensure we meet the projected overall portfolio loss rates, while ensuring we adhere to the credit risk policies of the bank. This work will entail close collaboration with our third party processor who is responsible for conducting the actual account decision and approval. The Credit Strategy Analyst will also be a liaison between the Credit Administration of the bank, the Consumer Lending Team and the Marketing organization in order to ensure balance exists between risk, profitability and growth.
This role will have the responsibility of forecasting the expected portfolio loss rates and to implement tactics to minimize this loss rate. In addition, this role will also share the responsibility for the overall profitability of the portfolio, based on their influence on the acquisition cost, NIM, activation rates, loss rates and growth levels.
- Collaborate in the development of the underwriting strategies used to acquire new and manage existing unsecured consumer loan accounts for the bank.
- Collaborate in the development and enhancement of the banks Unsecured Consumer Lending policy.
- Maintain an ongoing understanding of the best in class underwriting strategies, modeling techniques, changes in regulatory requirements and other tactics to optimize portfolio performance.
- Conduct regular account and portfolio credit reviews to ensure we are acquiring, retaining and growing the right accounts to meet our loss and growth goals for the portfolio.
- Regular account level review of late and delinquent accounts to minimize losses.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate actions by the bank and our partners to minimize delinquency and maximize collections.
- Forecasting and reporting of expected loss rates, analysis of the drivers of our losses and provide and present recommendations on how to improve our performance.
- Develop and support ongoing test and control strategies.
- Monthly and quarterly reporting on the credit performance of the consumer lending portfolio by product, and other segments as appropriate, including vintages, risk tiers, regional segmentation, etc
- Monthly reporting on the late and delinquent account performance of the portfolio.
- Liaison to our third party processor to ensure they are implementing the underwriting strategies we have defined.
- Work collaboratively with the Credit Administration to ensure our product practices meets the requirements set by the business.
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing and Consumer Lending business to ensure we appropriately balance business growth and loss tradeoffs to maximize P&L performance, in line with our business plans and credit policies.
- Minimum of 3 years of Unsecured Consumer Lending or related industry experience required.
- Minimum of 2 years Unsecured Consumer Lending credit experience required.
- College degree in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics or Economics or equivalent degree.
- Masters degree or equivalent preferred but not required.
- 8+ years of work experience
- Accessing/pulling loan-level data from multiple internal and external sources using different programs/languages (SAS, SQL, etc.)
- Experience with TRIAD is preferred
- Expert in Excel with strong working knowledge of Windows based applications
- Considerable credit analysis and analytical skills
- Excellent technical and report writing skills
- Extensive knowledge of credit administration, policy, procedures and regulations
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
HOW TO APPLY:
Please copy and paste the following URL into your browser address bar:
B E N E F I T I N F O R M A T I O N|
C O N T A C T I N F O R M A T I O N|
All Contents Copyright @ 1999, underwritingJOBS.com
Call Us At 972-679-4542 or Email Us At admin@underwritingJOBS.com