We are a full-service, strategic HR and employee benefits consultancy providing services to multiemployer trust funds, corporations and public sector organizations. We are privately/employee-owned with just under 1000 employees located in offices throughout the U.S. and in Canada. We understand the importance of good health and long-term financial security! At Segal, we offer a robust total compensation and benefits program that includes health care coverage, work/life programs, paid time off and defined contribution and defined benefit retirement income programs.
Headquartered in New York City, Segal has offices throughout the United States and in Canada
The Segal Group is recruiting for a Senior Benefits Analyst (Health) to join the Los Angeles Office Health Practice.
The Senior Benefits Analyst serves in an essential role as point person for analytical support to clients, and manages the workflow for those clients. This position has significant visibility in the local and regional practice and with clients. In addition to performing as an influential member of client teams, this senior level Analyst will be involved in mentoring and training staff who are developing proficiencies with computational tools and developing analytical skills for complex cases.
The Senior Benefits Analyst will interact directly with clients, consultants, team members and other professionals in providing an integrated and thorough approach to client matters. The Senior Benefits Analyst performs these duties at a high level of proficiency, is responsible for advanced technical work, and interfaces directly with internal and external clients and providers.
Major areas of responsibility include:
• Analysis of complex technical data related to benefit plans for self-funded and for insured clients;
• Pricing of benefit changes for all health coverage’s based both on experience and manual rating;
• Preparation and analysis of vendor proposals, which will include medical, dental, vision, stop loss, life and disability coverages;
• Preparation of renewal analyses, budget projections, and vendor negotiations;
• Serves in lead role for peer review process and training of less experienced Analysts, as required;
• Attends client meetings as required;
• Acts as liaison between client and third party vendors regarding contract, service and coverage issues.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field
• 8 or more years of group health underwriting, actuarial or equivalent experience in a consulting environment
• Detailed understanding of current plan design alternatives and healthcare trends
• Strong interpersonal/communication skills
• Proven analytical and negotiation skills
• Proficiency with project management
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
• Ability to work independently and interact collaboratively as part of a client team
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is required, with a working knowledge of Access, a plus
Affirmative Action/Diversity Inclusion at Segal:
At Segal, we are committed to a culture of diversity and inclusiveness, as demonstrated through our recruitment, retention and employee development programs. We maintain an environment that respects and builds on the assets and talents of each person, valuing their differences. We also engage in good faith efforts to maintain an environment free from discrimination and harassment in strict compliance with applicable laws, and consider all qualified candidates for employment without regard to their race/ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or medical condition, protected veteran or military status, criminal record history, marital status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We also engage in affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals and protected veterans. Maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce is a win/win, and provides Segal with the opportunity to leverage our top talent to provide innovative solutions to our clients. "
We welcome you to voluntarily self-identify (i.e., Ethnicity, Disabled, Veteran status): http://www.segalco.com/HRSelf-id/SelfIdMain.aspx.