Search By State
J O B I N F O R M A T I O N|
Title:||Health Benefits Manager||Salary:||Open/flexible - 0|
P O S I T I O N I N F O R M A T I O N|
|We are a full-service, strategic HR and employee benefits consultancy providing services to multiemployer trust funds, corporations and public sector organizations. We are privately/employee-owned with just under 1000 employees located in offices throughout the U.S. and in Canada. We understand the importance of good health and long-term financial security! At Segal, we offer a robust total compensation and benefits program that includes health care coverage, work/life programs, paid time off and defined contribution and defined benefit retirement income programs. |
Headquartered in New York City, Segal has offices throughout the United States and in Canada
The Health Benefits Manager is primarily responsible for directing, motivating and developing professional staff, and overseeing the timely delivery of high quality health consulting services to clients in support of achieving or exceeding annual profitability and business goals established for the practice. Integral to the role is responsibility for service delivery including all vendor bid work (contract reviews and RFPs), Total Health Management (THM) that includes data mining, disease management, and wellness, and budgeting and rate setting. The incumbent collaborates with the Regional Health Leader, local consulting staff and other Segal resources as needed on carrying out the primary job responsibilities.
The Health Benefits Manager has the overall responsibility for delivery of health consulting services to clients in all markets.
• Day to day management of staff and projects.
• Deliver timely and high quality services to clients.
• Oversee the quality of the practice’s client relationships and delivery of consulting services and work products.
• Work with Client Relationship Managers to manage projects and client expectations.
• Provide quality assurance of the technical and professional competence of the practice.
• Plan and implement business development strategies and initiatives.
• Serve as the primary spokesperson for the practice both internally and externally to the office.
• Develop tools and work with National Health Leaders on special projects.
• Contribute to the development of the Regional business plan.
• Minimum of an undergraduate degree.
• Minimum 15 years of experience, preferably within a health consulting or professional services environment.
• Actuarial credentials are a plus.
• Ability to manage a small to medium sized consulting practice or health benefits business unit.
• Perform in a leadership role under the direction of the Practice Leader or Business Unit Manager
• Manage a large book of consulting business.
• Demonstrated leadership project execution skills.
• Broad-based knowledge of Health and Welfare plans as well as emerging strategies in the delivery of health care and in risk management approaches.
• Ability to lead and participate in business development and marketing activities.
• Ability to establish rapport and build effective relationships with diverse audiences of colleagues and clients.
• Must be an effective communicator (verbal/written) with ability to influence and motivate others positively.
Affirmative Action/Diversity Inclusion at Segal:
At Segal, we are committed to a culture of diversity and inclusiveness, as demonstrated through our recruitment, retention and employee development programs. We maintain an environment that respects and builds on the assets and talents of each person, valuing their differences. We also engage in good faith efforts to maintain an environment free from discrimination and harassment in strict compliance with applicable laws, and consider all qualified candidates for employment without regard to their race/ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or medical condition, protected veteran or military status, criminal record history, marital status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We also engage in affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals and protected veterans. Maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce is a win/win, and provides Segal with the opportunity to leverage our top talent to provide innovative solutions to our clients. "
We welcome you to voluntarily self-identify (i.e., Ethnicity, Disabled, Veteran status): http://www.segalco.com/HRSelf-id/SelfIdMain.aspx.
B E N E F I T I N F O R M A T I O N|
All Contents Copyright @ 1999, underwritingJOBS.com
Call Us At 972-679-4542 or Email Us At admin@underwritingJOBS.com