Are you looking for new and exciting challenges in your career? Interested in being a part of one of the most financially stable providers in the industry? If so, explore a future with NORCAL now!
We strive to be more than just your average medical malpractice insurance company. At the heart of our success are employees who embrace challenge, plan for change, and value quality. NORCAL has been a pioneer in developing innovative programs and services to respond to the rapidly changing face of medical care. We maintain a well-funded retirement plan, a solid approach to employee educational benefits, and have exciting opportunities for dynamic, innovative and intelligent professionals.
UNDERWRITING MANAGER – AUSTIN, TX
Reporting directly to the AVP, Underwriting, the Underwriting Manager will manage the day to day operations of the business unit. Responsible for leading, directing, and coordinating a multi-disciplinary staff to meet Company, Operations, and Unit accrual goals as well as the needs of external customers.
• College Degree with major in Accounting or Business preferred
• CPCU, RPLU, or Risk Management designation desirable.
• Minimum of five to ten years experience working in the operational or support functions of the insurance industry.
• Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience required.
• Exercise independent judgment in solving complex problems.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to make effective presentations to large groups.
• Set priorities, meet deadlines, and manage diverse projects simultaneously.
• Facilitate, motivate and lead the work of others.
• Prepare and effectively present comprehensive reports and recommendations.
• Prepare and implement business budget and annual goals.
NORCAL rewards employees with competitive salaries and a superb benefits program. For confidential consideration, submit your resume online at http://apptrkr.com/581264
NORCAL is an Equal Opportunity Employer